Notes to hopping up C Moddles

Discussion specific to the various air-cooled KDX models sold in the USA
kdx87

Post by kdx87 »

Hi guys few tips and notes for hopping up your C Moddles, I have recently installed a fmf fatty and silencer and dual stage reeds, I run the mikuni carb with 310 main and 20 pilot, the fatty coupled with the stock muffler is a super stealth setup, yes you get the traditional ting sound but a super quiet exhaust note, best stealth setup and jetting is spot on, power increased respectfully down low with a slight touch better in mid to a better up top hit that comes on earlier than stock however little less overev,

The stock pipe with a different muffler made no change in power other than noise, but with the fmf you notice the free flow muffler gives you a little more top end. I will be getting the DG pipe by the end of the week so I will let you guys know how it performs.

The dual stage reeds work ok, They give a bit more down low however there is a flat spot in the mid range I believe you may need to rejet. I tried with no airbox and the bike breathed better and gave more power, note my air filter needs to be changed. The 36mm mod should benife the bike well.

All mods together, a 36mm carb with reeds and exhaust system does turn the C models into a firecracker, Being modest about it 15-20% increase in power,

I will be adding a torque ring and resonator spacer soon too be if there's any benifet down low.
kdx87

Post by kdx87 »

Update: i have tried out the DG pipe and have to say in my eyes the DG wins the pipe selection in this series. The fatty provided more power everywhere notibly more bottom end and much more over rev, however the DG pipe has more mid and a much harder up top hit than the fatty, bottom end feels similar to the fmf but me be not as good. The hit is stronger but signs of early and lacks over rev. The downside to the DG is no nikel finish and it rusts easily.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Notes to hopping up C Moddles

Post by KDXGarage »

Huh. Thanks for sharing your experience. :bravo:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Jaguar
Supporting Member

Re: Notes to hopping up C Moddles

Post by Jaguar »

Just to clarify for others, part number 11-8207 is the DG enduro pipe and 11-8210 is their MX pipe for the KDX
Performance CDI -- KDX motocross mods -- the SR KDX -- expansion chamber analysis---> http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/