Magura clutch

Discussion specific to the 1989 - 1994 (E Series) KDX200 model sold in the USA
bigdhusker

Magura clutch

Post by bigdhusker »

I'm in the middle of a ground up rebuild on a 1993 KDX200. I ordered the Magura Hymec clutch system that RMATV works with this model, but the master cylinder does not fit between the cylinder and the KIPS actuator arm. As fas as I can see, there is no way to make the clutch work on this model. Does anyone else have a Magura clutch installed on an E model? I am interested to see photos of the setup.
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Magura clutch

Post by doakley »

I did, but took it off in favor of an autoclutch. Sorry, I don’t have any photos but it did fit without any issues as I recall. Mine is a 1999 220.
bigdhusker

Post by bigdhusker »

The H series have a completely different powervalve setup than the E series, there's not the vertical actuator arm for the KIPS system on the H series like E series have. That's where mine's hitting, the slave cylinder doesn't clear the KIPS actuator.
B737driver
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by B737driver »

You still got the Magura Doakley?
Live to Fly
Fly to Live
doakley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by doakley »

Well, sorta. I have all the parts but repurposed the lever assembly into a left hand rear brake. Works wonderfully!
B737driver
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by B737driver »

Nice. Got one on the hybrid but need one more for the DX. Hard to find a used one because you use it and don't wanna lose it 😊
Live to Fly
Fly to Live