kdx200 e series seat height

Discussion specific to the 1989 - 1994 (E Series) KDX200 model sold in the USA
Keystone
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Keystone »

Is the seat height of the kdx200 "e" the same as the "h"? I've heard the E series ('89 - '93) had a slightly lower seat height, but nobody provides any specifics. While researching this, the most common answer I've gotten is "yea the e series is slightly lower".
I've searched up and down on the internet including these forums and to my surprise, the only kdx200 seat height I can ever find is 36.2 which is that of the H series. So is the E series seat height lower than the H ? If so, what is the e-series seat height? If you know the answer to this question, or if you own an e-series can you specify the difference?
sarrant

Re: kdx200 e series seat height

Post by sarrant »

I can check my manual for the exact spec, but they're close enough height-wise as to be negligible. The bigger difference is the seat shape. The E seat is wider and flatter, more of a "sit in", while the H is narrower, steeper, and a lot more aggressive.
Last edited by sarrant on 04:32 pm Dec 09 2013, edited 1 time in total.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

seat height on the E series is 910 MM (35.4 inches) and 920 MM (35.8 inches) on the H.
Taken from Kawasaki service manuals
The H feels much taller because of the seat design though.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Yep, the E side by side with the H is almost identical, but sitting on both bikes the E feels much lower. My dad refused to ride my 220 because he felt it was too tall for him (he has one leg shorter than the other by about .75in which makes for some fun moments when he stops in non level areas :twisted: ) Now that it's a hybrid he won't go near it lol
Keystone
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Keystone »

Thanks for the replies. Very good info from the manuals, exactly what I was looking for! 910mm (35.8") on the "E" and 920mm (36.2") on the "H". So that puts the "E" around 1/2" lower than the "H". A short rider might notice the difference. I do believe the suspension on the "E" was a bit softer stock (rear coil?), this would also lower the seat height making the "E" feel even lower when actually on the bike.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

I think the E feels lower because the seat has a "pit" where you sit, the H seat is a lot more "straight" or level from front to rear.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
Keystone
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Keystone »

Could someone with an owners manual also check the listed ground clearance of the kdx200 "E" model? The kdx200/220 "H" ground clearance is listed at 13.4 inches (340mm).
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Same ground clearance, 340mm, as the H.