How not to ride on ice

Have a question about technique?
canamfan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

How not to ride on ice

Post by canamfan »

I'm in western Missouri, been below freezing here all last week. I been itchin to ride some of my trails, right across the road from me. It's 34 this morning so put on my new riding coat I bought myself for Christmas, put on my helment gloves chest protector. I didn't wear my elbow guards. (note to self put on elbow guards next time) I'm buzzin around the trails not hittin it to hard cause the ground is still like concrete. I come to this creek section Of course it's covered with ice. I'm thinkin I can just glide across and when I hit the bank on the other side I will coast up till the rear tire hits dirt then i'll gas it. (note to self don't hit the gas until your rear tire is on the dirt) Hit the gas bike squirts out from under me bam!! on the ground (ice) before I can think about it. Slammed my right elbow and forearm into the very hard ice. Wish I'd have put my elbow guards on now. Moral of the story stay off the ice unless you have spikes. Now my hand is so stiff I can hardly use my right hand. Older doesn't always mean wiser. :grin:
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: How not to ride on ice

Post by KDXGarage »

ouch

heal up soon
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: How not to ride on ice

Post by kawagumby »

I once got caught up in a blizzard on a CR500 (yes, the kind that has a button for a flywheel and instant throttle). The ground froze solid and I was a worthless, beatup, pulped, leftover of a human by the time I eventually got back to camp. I know how it feels! :cry:
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.