High pressure air pump

Feedback on products.....
Snapp200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

High pressure air pump

Post by Snapp200 »

Not sure if this is avail at the same price in all states/countries, but I picked this pump up for $5 at Home Depot. It claims a max pressure of 260 PSI.
Not a bad item to keep in the trail bag. I will def try this out and put an update up tomorrow if anyone is interested. But for $5, not a bad pump to have in general. I bought 2. :p
Its roughly 7 3/4” long and 1 3/4” wide.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: High pressure air pump

Post by KDXGarage »

WOW. $5.

Dang cheap! :blink:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Snapp200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Snapp200 »

Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Thanks for the info!
Snapp200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Snapp200 »

Yessir!

Snapp200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

High pressure air pump

Post by Snapp200 »

So I did a very NON extensive test run on the pump. I tested from 9psi in my drz front wheel (tried to get it to 10 and ended up there.. also, sorry about drz, it was easier to get out of the garage than the kdx was!) [emoji23]
So, starting at 9psi I hooked the pump up and gave it 30 pumps. It moved up to 12psi. So about 1 psi every 10 pumps. That may change as the tire pressure raises. Not too bad as it is pretty easy to operate.
This may just be my inexperience in pumps and valve stems, but this particular pump does not have anything that presses on the core to allow air to pass, when applying ze air. I thought this was odd when spinning it on did not release any air from the tube. Perhaps this is the nature of a “high pressure” pump?
Either way, it’s nice since the connector tube has no spinning parts to easily connect to valve once the pump is assembled. I found it easier to spin on the hose, then spin the pump on the hose afterward. Kind of a pain, but not that big of a deal.
Anyhow, I hoped that made sense.

*In conclusion, I would not hesitate to take this on the trail with me to rely on for air when having to patch or replace a tube. I will however, keep my electric pump with me just Incase until I am confident in its abilities.

***UPDATE***
I was very wrong on the hook up. If I would have just read the directions, I would have realized I was using the Presta end of the hose! [emoji23][emoji23]
Who needs directions, right?
I went back out and tried it again and it will release air when connected without the pump. Go figure. Ha
I drained and filled again but got to about 10 or 11 psi after 50 very easy pumps. Who knew it would get easier?
I think I covered it all, along with my idiocy now.

SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

High pressure air pump

Post by SS109 »

Thanks for the review. I still don't think I would use it with Tubliss or similar high pressure system ff it took you 50 pumps to get to 10-11psi. Yikes!
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Snapp200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

High pressure air pump

Post by Snapp200 »

SS109 wrote:Thanks for the review. I still don't think I would use it with Tubliss or similar high pressure system ff it took you 50 pumps to get to 10-11psi. Yikes!
I don't know what I did with this post... I quoted you and gave a whole shpill with funny smilies and everything and it all just vanished. lol
I think I need to go back to Tapatalk..

Yeah, 50 pumps was a lot but they were pretty effortless. I usually keep around 20 psi anyhow, so I will def keep it in the pack as a back up.

I have considered tubliss, how do you like that? Does it require a lot of air pressure? They seem to be pretty popular in the off road world.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

20 psi in kdx tires? Normal tires for dirt?
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

High pressure air pump

Post by SS109 »

Snapp200 wrote:I have considered tubliss, how do you like that? Does it require a lot of air pressure? They seem to be pretty popular in the off road world.
I'm a full on fan boy! Absolutely love Tubliss! Being able to run pressures as low as 0psi (yes, zero, nada, nil!) is great and allows me to find the best psi for any tire that works with Tubliss. It requires around 110psi in the inner bladder and whatever you choose for the tire itself. Admittedly, once out on the trail the likelihood of needing air for the high pressure inner bladder is almost nil.
Jason wrote:20 psi in kdx tires? Normal tires for dirt?
No doubt! I would never run anything over 12psi ever.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

In normal tires and tubes, 15 psi is about my max. If it is sharp rocks, I want protection over traction. Racing MX is 10 - 12 ish.
Snapp200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Snapp200 »

SS109 wrote:
Snapp200 wrote:I have considered tubliss, how do you like that? Does it require a lot of air pressure? They seem to be pretty popular in the off road world.
I'm a full on fan boy! Absolutely love Tubliss! Being able to run pressures as low as 0psi (yes, zero, nada, nil!) is great and allows me to find the best psi for any tire that works with Tubliss. It requires around 110psi in the inner bladder and whatever you choose for the tire itself. Admittedly, once out on the trail the likelihood of needing air for the high pressure inner bladder is almost nil.
No doubt! I would never run anything over 12psi ever.
Oh, that sounds interesting. I may just give them a whirl.
Wonder how they do for dual sport?

20 psi is what I run in my drz with kenda parker dt’s. Its a good medium for dual sport for me. I usually fear going down any more but I have recently installed rim locks. I think I’ll try around 15 next time out, off road only.

Snapp200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Snapp200 »

I haven’t been off road on the kdx yet. I believe it has maxxis off road only tires. What do you guys generally run in the kdx?
That pressure is what I run in my drz400 with kenda parker dt’s

Snapp200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Snapp200 »

Jason wrote:In normal tires and tubes, 15 psi is about my max. If it is sharp rocks, I want protection over traction. Racing MX is 10 - 12 ish.
Got ya! I didn’t see this post before I posted my question. We usually ride hard Rocky terrain too. So I’ve been doing good I guess. [emoji12]
Im going to drop a little more next time we’re out at Red River though. But hopefully I will be on the kdx by then.